Saturday, January 30, 2016

December Activities

Seeing how it is now officially spring, I think I can now start posting some of the activities we did in our class in December?  

Le Sigh.

Pine cone Christmas trees.


We used up our old cinnamon play dough to fill in the pots.


Then children picked out a pine cone and decorated it with glitter glue, jewels, and baubles.





Snow Creatures.  

These were made using 1 part shaving cream to 1 part glue.
After the children made and decorated their snow creatures, they named them.








Snow creatures out of play dough with different materials.



Salt Douple People.




  
After baking these, children were invited to paint them with water colors.




Coffee Filter Snow Flakes

This activity also doubled as an assessment on cutting.  Many of our art activities are also used as assessments.






Raccoon ornaments.



I wish I had time to post all the activities we did over the holiday, especially circle time explorations, Diwali, and Hanukkah. I take lots of pictures of other activities, but the few I post here are ones taking with my iPhone and not the school camera, and don't they include faces.






No comments:

Post a Comment