Friday, December 26, 2014

Fairy Doors

These were made with Popsicle sticks and old beads that I had laying around my house. I first cut the tops and bottoms off of the Popsicle sticks to make them look more door-like. We glued them on wax paper and I found that it was easiest to have the kids put a line of glue directly between the Popsicle sticks and then push them together.  The children I work with are 3 and 4 years old, so they don't yet have the fine motor skills to place the glue on the side of the stick.  They ended up with glue all over the tops, but we just painted over it.  I would also recommend covering the finished paint with Modge Podge or something similar to help protect it. 













I think the would look adorable around the classroom randomly.  Like little fairies are living there!

No comments:

Post a Comment